Je suis un étranger

My Life in Québec City

Nom :
Emplacement : Québec, Canada

I transcend the Zodiac in the ultimate form of the Panda.

vendredi, février 02, 2007

Exciting News!!

If I was a decent events blogger, then I wouldn't be posting out of chronological order. But alas, I feel that this is news that I have to share post haste.

For those that aren't aware, there was a recent dance weekend called QSRV held right here in Québec City. I had so much fun learning balboa and shag, as well as hosting old friends, eating wonderful food, and listening to great music. This all on 6 hours of sleep. Not bad. Not bad at all.

But that isn't the news. It's just part of what I should've posted about already.

So two days after that weekend, still experiencing the high of a weekend well spent, I was telling a friend how ideal I feel my life was at that moment. I found work, my french is vastly improving, I get to explore the city from time to time, and I get to dance. It's how I pictured my break from Winnipeg.

The next night, I open my e-mail to find an interesting message. An invitation to Troupe Ruby Porto? Wait...is Benjamin serious? Inside were details about costs, the other members, schedules, and catch-up sessions. And he wanted a response as soon as possible. One of the catch up sessions was that night. I read this half an hour before my fast lindy hop class and just as I was making supper. Needless to say I barely cooked my food on time as I wanted to call people, tell the family upstairs, and sort things out in my head.

What about work? What about money? What about other exchanges? Do I have the drive to actually go through with that much training? Could I leave in August like I still planned?

Thankfully for the most part, it's been taken care of. And yes, I still plan to join the troupe. It'll be so exciting. Ce sera très trippé!


If you asked me 4 months ago if I was going to join a troupe, I would've said never. There was no reason for me to take the pre-req of Jive as noone in Winnipeg dances it. Also, the prospect of doing aerials and going back to not using them afterwards didn't thrill me.

But now that I look at it, it's an excellent experience. An opportunity to learn, embrace, express, touch, see and hear all things swing dance. Now here's to hoping the next 6 months won't be too gruelling ;).


1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Tang- you are my HERO.

That is the AWESOMEST thing I have EVER heard!!!

Seriously, you rock.

Alright. I'm currently talking to you right now anyways. But officially, WAY TO BE, TANG!

Now you've gotta come back and SCHOOL me!!

2/03/2007 8:11 p.m.  

Publier un commentaire

<< Home